Preparing for the Worst
It’s a sad fact that the world isn’t perfect. Even if human error is eliminated from the system, there’s still natural disasters to contend with—and this, of course, applies to your business’ network as well. While networks can be built for high stability the majority of the time, inevitably something will slip through the cracks. You’ve likely dealt with this before, which is why you also recognize the need to have a backup system in place alongside a disaster recovery process, ensuring that when disaster strikes, you have the resources in place to restore data and resume business as usual as quickly as possible.
But how do you know if the system you have in place is an effective one? You don’t want to discover it has some fatal flaws only when the worst case scenario hits.
Determining the Backup System You Need
Not all backup and disaster recovery systems are created equal—nor should they be. Since each network will have unique qualities and purposes, the associated backup and recovery system should be adapted to meet your specific requirements. When considering what backup system to integrate with your business network, here are a few critical questions to consider:
- How often will you need the backup routine to run?
- Is the backup system scalable to the amount of data it must process?
- Do you have a remote backup process in place, alongside a local system?
- Does your industry enforce specific regulations concerning data archiving? Does your company comply with these?
- Does your backup system take peripheral devices into account, such as employees working remotely or using personal devices?
- How quickly do you need data recovered to restore vital business functions?
- Is the backup process secure, or does it create a vulnerability point within your network?
Fortunately, CampbellNet Solutions is prepared to work through all of these questions and more with you, so we can determine the perfect backup and disaster recovery solution for your network.
Save Yourself the Hassle
Once the backup and disaster recovery solution is in place, there still remains the need to manage it and ensure the process is working as intended. If you want to avoid this network management element being a constant drain on your time and resources, CampbellNet Solutions offers network management and monitoring services just for these situations.
With us keeping an eye on your backup system, you can rest easy knowing it is working smoothly and that your data is secure and your business is equipped for an streamlined recovery no matter what may befall.